Saturday, May 12, 2012

Robert Downey Jr.s Son Born This Morning

News has just emerged that Robert Downey Jr.’s wife Susan Downey gave birth to their baby boy this morning. It is Susan’s first child, but Robert has an 18 year old son from his previous marriage. Read on to find out the little one’s name… Exton Elias Downey! Robert Downey Jr. has been busy promoting [...]

Last night was a very quite night for me. I pretty much spent most of my time reading and watching TV. I wasn’t planning on settling in for a movie last night but I came upon a showing of Rocky II on cable and was immediately sucked in. I haven’t seen any of the Rocky movies in many years … and as for Rocky II itself, well, I’m quite certain I haven’t watched the movie in full for well over 25 years. Thankfully, I caught the film right as it started and, well, it was a Rocky night for me ;)




I have to say, I kinda love the usual Rocky movie formula … the first 60% of the film features Rocky refusing to fight. The next 30% of the film features Rocky deciding to fight and then training to fight. The next 8% of the film features Rocky getting beaten to a pulp by whoever he is fighting. And the final 2% of the film features Rocky coming back to win in the end. We can’t help but root for Rocky because he is always the underdog. It’s a brilliant formula. To be honest, I think Rocky IV is my fave Rocky film … if you add the USA vs. Soviet Union mid-80s tension to the Rocky formula, you’ve got GOLD. If you are in the mood for a feel good, all-American movie and you can handle watching men beat each other silly, then I wholeheartedly recommend the first 4 Rocky films. I believe if you search your cable listings, you’ll find that Rocky III is on TV tonight and Rocky IV is on TV tomorrow.


Yo, Adrian!


No plans for tonight … I may watch Rocky III, I may not. I have a bit of stuff to take care of around the house and I’m still really into my Walt Disney book so … I’m thinkin’ it’s going to be a really quite night here at the ol’ homestead. Happy Tuesday!




accident settlement
marketing internet
vegetarian lifestyle
organic lifestyle
Mariage

No comments:

Post a Comment