Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Watch: The ‘Glee’ Version Of Adele’s ‘Rolling In The Deep’

On tonight’s episode of Glee, Rachel Berry (Lea Michele) duets with Jesse St. James (Jonathan Groff) on Adele‘s stunningly beautiful song Rolling in the Deep. We are still a few hours away from tonight’s ep of Glee … but if you just can’t wait any longer, you can check out video from tonight’s ep of [...]

So these cold-like symptoms that I picked up over the weekend have been kicking my butt a bit. I wouldn’t say I’m really “sick” per se but I have been feeling kinda crappy for the past couple of days. Sore throat, runny/stuffy nose and some body aches … you know, the usual. I ended up staying home all day yesterday which actually turned out to be a great idea because I was able to watch a bunch of episodes of the brilliant 90′s teen drama My So-Called Life on Netflix.




Now, I’ve owned My So-Called Life on DVD for years now … but I never got around to watching the show. In fact, I haven’t watched the show since it aired on TV back in 94-95. I had forgotten how amazingly well written the show is and watching the first few eps last night reminded me of what a groundbreaking and important show it truly was. Of course, good shows don’t necessarily mean good ratings and My So-Called Life was canceled way before it should’ve been. My So-Called Life featured an openly gay teen character (Ricky, played by Wilson Cruz) YEARS before anyone else and it really told stories that were really real. The writing is the best thing about the show, yes, but the acting performances by the young cast (Claire Danes, Jared Leto, etc) is also really remarkable. I know that some of you young’ns out there have never seen or even heard of My So-Called Life … but for those of you who do remember the show, I urge you to take another look. It deffo holds up as a great show. I may not have been feeling all that well last night but at least I was able to enjoy my evening with the My So-Called Life kids ;)


No plans for tonight … I’ll prolly keep recuperating. We’ll see. Happy Tuesday!!




Frank Dicksee
Jurgen Schmitz
Max Ernst
Roy Lichtenstein
Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment